--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

You have shut my mouth, and my soul. Curtis.

Time will tell.

I'm sure you'll have something to say when the pristine innocence of Brady
defeats, St. George-like, the Beast's Christofacist demonic consciousness
channelled by Fundie Tebow on the field of Armageddon tomorrow!

RESPONSE: Not bad. But you should know that your animus against Christianity
defeats utterly any objectivity you think you possess in judging the merits of
religion. There is a smugness, an arrogance, and an appalling lack of
humility—you have become a ironist of Eastern spirituality, and its own bias
against the West has crept into your soul.

Tim Tebow's religion is, at worst, harmless. And it would seem that reality
approves of the context within which he has decided to live out his Evangelical
Christianity. I don't think TT's religion an accurate reading of reality, but
in a functional sense, by believing in Jesus Christ, somehow this produces a
certain heroic and selfless and genuine  motivation in Tebow. So, for Tim, his
religion 'works'. And I like Tim Tebow, although I know that he does not speak
to reality (for me at least).

I think God is personal, and I think—just as with the Cardinals in the World
Series—providence decided to play with the collective football consciousness of
America, by having Tim Tebow pull off a kind of miracle after miracle. I don't
think necessarily it will continue; but providence through Tim Tebow has
created a Cinderella story that is causing everyone's heart to glow just a
little more.

One thing (you wouldn't know about this personally) about TM and Maharishi: it
makes you contemptuous and patronizing when it comes to discussing
Christianity. But I think the real giveaway about the East is its implicit
sense of superiority over Catholicism, when in fact this very posture is itself
evidence of something ultimately not in agreement with reality.

You never knew who Tim Tebow was a few weeks ago. I am glad you are now fully
au courant.

But you are right: I will be ambivalent tomorrow; I like the Tebow miracle
storyline, but I also love those Bill Belichick-coached Patriots. Tom Brady and
Sidney Crosby and Roger Federer and Jonny Wilkenson are my favourite athletes.

But I do like Tim Tebow very much: if only for his impressive humility.

For my money, Vaj, that's the only way to get to heaven.

Take that metaphorically, please.