--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> > Thank you Judy, but I don't think of myself as a seeker. I may
> > be an eclectic universalist.
>
> How are you defining "seeker"?

Somebody who seeks a path in this case, I am not looking for a path.

> "Seeker" and "eclectic
> universalist" aren't mutually exclusive as I would define
> the terms.

Neither are they identical. Being a non-seeker and an eclectic universalist
aren't mutually exclusive.

Please understand this: This is what Buck and me are all about, when we say
that the TMorg should allow people to see saints - not that they are seeking a
different path, or adopting different techniques, or a different guru, or a
different world view. They are simply taking the darshan, the blessings, the
shakti - and it is good to widen your horizon and have an experience - out of
the box. Would you call Purushas seekers? Many of them do the very same thing,
and why not?

> "Seeker" is nonspecific regarding one's path
> (or nonpath), no?

Depends on the context. In this context I just don't like the word.

> How about "serious explorer of spirituality," would that
> work better for you?

It's too serious! I just take the things that 'happen' to me. For example, I am
not exploring sufism, with the exception of Irina Tweedies 'daughter of fire' I
read no sufi books. I am not even into the poetry of Rumi. I just go to
dargahs, I stumbled into them so to say. So it is with many things. I may go to
the St Thomas cathedral  in Chennai, if the opportunity arises, but I am not
studying Christianity. I visit small chapels when I go for a run, just for a
restful mini-meditation.