zarzari, the way "seeker" is used around here, it just
means someone who engages in exploration of spirituality
in general. It's a very broad term. And by "serious," I
meant not superficial or frivolous, but respectful of
spiritual traditions.

If you insist on being offended by it, I certainly won't
use "serious seeker" again to describe you. It's just
that it's about the last phrase I'd expect anyone on FFL
to object to. It was intended as a compliment.

Yes, certainly I'd call purusha seekers. And yes, I
believe I've told you before that I agree with you and
Buck about the TMO's "no saints" policy, so I'm not sure
what you think I don't understand about your position.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, zarzari_786 <no_reply@...>

> > > Thank you Judy, but I don't think of myself as a seeker. I may
> > > be an eclectic universalist.
> >
> > How are you defining "seeker"?
>
> Somebody who seeks a path in this case, I am not looking for a path.
>
> > "Seeker" and "eclectic
> > universalist" aren't mutually exclusive as I would define
> > the terms.
>
> Neither are they identical. Being a non-seeker and an eclectic
universalist aren't mutually exclusive.

> Please understand this: This is what Buck and me are all about,
when we say that the TMorg should allow people to see saints - not that they
are seeking a different path, or adopting different techniques, or a different
guru, or a different world view. They are simply taking the darshan, the
blessings, the shakti - and it is good to widen your horizon and have an
experience - out of the box. Would you call Purushas seekers? Many of them do
the very same thing, and why not?

> > "Seeker" is nonspecific regarding one's path
> > (or nonpath), no?
>
> Depends on the context. In this context I just don't like the word.
>
> > How about "serious explorer of spirituality," would that
> > work better for you?
>
> It's too serious! I just take the things that 'happen' to me. For
example, I am not exploring sufism, with the exception of Irina
Tweedies 'daughter of fire' I read no sufi books. I am not even into
the poetry of Rumi. I just go to dargahs, I stumbled into them so to
say. So it is with many things. I may go to the St Thomas cathedral
in Chennai, if the opportunity arises, but I am not studying
Christianity. I visit small chapels when I go for a run, just for a
restful mini-meditation.