--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation" <seekliberation@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Abolishing public schools???  not a good idea.  I know they seem like a
> > > failure, but that is only in the eyes of our own nation.  Try going to
> > > other countries and see what it's like living somewhere where there is no
> > > well established education.
> >
> > Wayback: Or try going to countries that have even more support for public
> > education - where you can go to college for Free if you qualify.  College
> > now costs over $50,000 per year at private schools in the US.
>

> And all they learn is to try to perpetuate a doomed capitalistic system. What
> a waste.

Susan/Wayback:  Ah, that is another topic entirely- what is taught in each
discipline. In general, colleges profs are rather liberal and also creative in
their thinking.  I would say business schools and perhaps law schools are in
the business of perpetuating capitalism, others not so much, at least
theoretically.

I am guessing you want an Enlightened Monarchy of some sort, which is what
Maharishi talked about as ideal.  But even in that system there could be lots
of public education - if the head of state promoted that and wanted his people
to be well-schooled.