<snip>
"I'm trying to do you a favor and NOT treat you as
being as naive as you're coming across. I'm trying
to suggest that you are being baffled by bullshit
and being taken in by long-term bullshitters, and
that you don't realize it. Many of us who have been
wading through that bullshit for years now do realize
it. You have much to learn."

I hear you and no, I don't have the history, and yes, I am baffled and yes, I
am naive and yes, will watch.  But, speaking as an individual, and with only
two examples in hand (Ravi and you - ha, in the same sentence), I don't
understand why the conversation can't be had without crossing the consensual
line for sexual acts described between forum members.  This is clearly my
gender talking and words are only words after all and I don't believe in
censorship and I think the forum weighs in and that works for me, actually.
After all, I said my piece and I am not completely blameless either.  And, I'm
not proposing a "ban"; I was proposing a week off to spur personal thought on
whether there might be a way to communicate one's position differently.    It
just seems that the forum is struggling to some degree with where the line
should be, so I put in my two cents on where that line might be, if one chooses
to draw one.  I don't need a line, actually
 :)