--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, azgrey <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Though I know you don't, TurquoiseB, I still enjoy my TM.
> It feels good. I am not sure why but it feels even better
> since I took instruction in some  Mindfullness techniques.
> It is almost as if some synergy occurs.

I would agree. I prefer another form of sitting
meditation, but if I still did TM I would feel that
a perfect counterpart to it would be the addition
of mindfulness practices. It really isn't an
either/or, but as you say, a synergy.

TMers spend 40 minutes a day (or 90, if they're
doing the "full program" you mentioned earlier)
meditating and the rest of the day at the prey
of their emotions and thoughts. Given some of
the thoughts and emotions we've seen around here,
a little mindfulness wouldn't hurt.  :-)