http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paVED2TFvEk&noredirect=1
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paVED2TFvEk&noredirect=1>

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@...>
wrote:

> Dearest Robin, RC, RC(C) (subscript or superscript - let us say that
the "C" stands for "compassionate" shall we?  Just add that to your many
personas)

> You acknowledge me where I am, as I am, and you give me that gift.
Yes, I took on life, but in a rebellious way and now I am forced to take
a more gentle approach and I am pretty P.O'd when I'm not visiting the
victim 'hood.

> The inner drive, the energy that sustained me, my ability to write and
think for a living, my physical stamina - I depended on these things -
they defined me (took them for granted in hindsight.) These things have
faded in the last 1.5 years - my emotions took over, demanded attention,
overwhelmed me.  Ahhh, WTF?  Is it the hormones, is it the family of
origin issues, is it my karma, is it the collapsed adrenal system, is it
unprocessed grief, is it negative entities taking over, is it the diet,
is it lack of spiritual discipline, is it that I am inherently flawed?
Self-forgiveness is the hardest thing I do, or don't do as the case may
be.  In my elementary understanding and reading of well-known
verse..."Jesus said, Father forgive them for they know not what they
do."  This helps me forgive others, but I give myself no such out.

> My new philosophy is "pay attention to the next indicated step."  It's
all I can do..show up for drill...try to stay present.  My memory fails
me....what is happening "now"?  Oh yeah, I have a dog and the kids are
still here.  Alright then, off to a walk in the park and a visit to the
counselor.  Our new thing. (I'm a hard ass if you didn't know...my kids
will tell you I lack compassion.)  I said: "Either you agree to family
counseling or you move out.  Period. Oh, you are only 15 (to the
youngest)?  I don't care."  They believe me.  I'm firm, not always fair,
and not always consistent, but they believe me. It's my latest attempt
to salvage the family and after today's session, my oldest thinks there
may be a glimmer of hope.  Small steps.

> You have been mentioning my name of late...every time, I say "What?"
"Do you mean me?"  "Seriously?"  "Where are my poetry books?" The last
philosophy I really remember reading was while on long passages on a
sailboat back in my 20's - Nietzsche, Kierkegaard and then the novels ,
Siddhartha and Madame Bovary, as I recall.  Where was Jung? I should
read Jung perhaps.   I have so many books.

> Now Robin, baby, I want to tell you that your posts always surprise
me.  All of them.  I look forward to reading them.  I am so happy you
are here for now.  How funny the Iranitea exchange was.  How fabulous is
Share to chat unconditionally with you.  Unlike Marek, I don't see FFL
as a violent place - all that makes me laugh.  Not unlike today's
Prairie Home Companion.  They did the skit on conflict avoidance that
was so funny.  Share, are you reading this?  This is for you.  You have
to imagine the voices of Garrison Keillor and the typical radio female
of that show.

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2011/10/08/scripts/sailboat.\
shtml

> On FFL, the currently departed Mr. Price helped me claim and own
pieces of my past and places I had been that I had hidden far away from
others for many long years.  He gave me the gift of forgiveness and I
love him for that.  You give it to me as well.  I allow it in when
outside, in the trees, at the beach.  The ocean is so extraordinary -
subtly and vastly different at every beach - it cares not about our
little concerns - it is relentless in it's beauty. It washes over me
again and again and I cry in gratitude.

> ________________________________

passing through for some time now: "I have fallen from the top of my
game to not being in the game at all in a pretty short timeframe, with
no end in sight, and a lot of responsibilities remaining". I wish I
could offer up a remedy; and obviously you have read too much on this
forum not to have anything more than an ambivalent attitude towards
Transcendental Meditation. Neverthelessâ€"and in a way which I
suppose is quite different from the Share Long approachâ€"I would
reach out to you with my caring for you, even as I don't know you at
all. But anyone who has followed your posts at FFL must know the
willingness of yourself to take on lifeâ€"and what it seems to be
dishing out to youâ€"and to not be conquered by your misfortune.
For myself, regardless of what you write on FFL, I sense someone who
deserves the good will and the love of those who would wish someone who
has suffered as you
>  have sufferedâ€"and who is the appealing human being that you
areâ€"to receive the grace to be healed, and for your life to not
be as hard as it has been.

> So, Emily, I can do nothing by way of recommending gurus or spiritual
practices; but I can extend my heart to you with real feeling and
honesty of intention, and at least know that you will believe me when I
say I care about youâ€"and your children. So, all this amounts to
is a kind of personal prayer that life in its terrible complexity and
hiddenness (in terms of the meaning it has in mind in making you descend
from such a height as you haveâ€"from professional success and
mastery to a sense of being defeated and held down) will somehow turn
around for you, and we can all rejoice in learning that somehow you are
being given some greater support and strength. To know, then, that you
will make it and you will not be thrown down into any kind of final
helplessness and futility. I think I will just say it, Emily: I feel a
real affection for you and this post is just to make that known to you.

> Sincerely.
>
> Robin
>
> Awww, so nice.  I don't require acknowledgment and I'm practicing
listening, which my kids say I don't do enough of.  I am a chirper in my
current state and am not in the least offended; in fact FFL seldom
offends me personally...and when it does, not for long.  Mostly I laugh,
which is a good thing.

> I'm not as nimble as most of ya'll, either in verse or intellectual
musings or spiritual discourse or witticisms (is that a word?).  I enjoy
reading and trying to assimilate what crosses here.  My brain still
doesn't work the way it used to and I am beginning to seriously worry as
I have fallen from the top of my game to not being in the game at all in
a pretty short timeframe, with no end in sight, and a lot of
responsibilities remaining.  I have been hiding and in denial about many
things.  But, I'm coming out of my denial and as I have yet to be
diagnosed with a terminal illness, it looks like I'm going to *really*
have to reinvent my life before all the money runs out.  There is no
going back.

one would notice. You caught my real intention hereâ€"and I am
found out.

> Is there any way I can expiate for my derogatory remark?
>
> Your objection (which nailed me good) reminds me of the idea of
poetry: "imaginary gardens with real toads in them".

> But I, for one, am glad that the Pudget Sound lady graces us once in
awhile by rubbing her wings together to create a distinct
chirp,â€"which, you will observe, silences.

> Robin
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu noozguru@ wrote:
> >
> > So now you're calling Emily a cricket? You're pretty amazing, Robin.
:-D

> > On 07/27/2012 09:56 AM, Robin Carlsen wrote:
> > > There is a cricket named Emily who just chirped. Did any of you
guys hear her? Her chirp seems to be one sound that is not to be heard.
One person heard the chirp and pulled out his noise-maker. And then the
other noise-makers all came out. I guess I was just hearing things.
Pretty soon it will be as if the cricket named Emily never did chirp.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn emilymae.reyn@ wrote:
> >
> > Awww, so nice. Â I don't require acknowledgment and I'm
practicing listening, which my kids say I don't do enough of. Â I
am a chirper in my current state and am not in the least offended; in
fact FFL seldom offends me personally...and when it does, not for long.
 Mostly I laugh, which is a good thing. Â

> > I'm not as nimble as most of ya'll, either in verse or intellectual
musings or spiritual discourse or witticisms (is that a word?). Â I
enjoy reading and trying to assimilate what crosses here. Â My
brain still doesn't work the way it used to and I am beginning to
seriously worry as I have fallen from the top of my game to not being in
the game at all in a pretty short timeframe, with no end in sight, and a
lot of responsibilities remaining. Â I have been hiding and in
denial about many things. Â But, I'm coming out of my denial and as
I have yet to be diagnosed with a terminal illness, it looks like I'm
going to *really* have to reinvent my life before all the money runs
out. Â There is no going back. Â