Dear Barry,

I think, contrary to what I would have expected, you have raised some
significant points here. I am not sure how I would go about answering you. I
have had, up until reading your post today, a certain way of seeing myself and
the world. Perhaps in some sense, that has been altered by reading--three times
now--your post. I don't think, though, it is fair to expect me to respond in
full--I mean immediately. There is a lot to digest here--not to mention allow
myself to even think might be true. I just don't believe you have a right to
criticize me like this. Why should I accept the judgment of someone who has
never met me? You have never been friendly towards me; why should I believe you
have anything to tell me, Barry? If any of what you have said here is actually
true, it is only unconsciously so; I did not set out--as far as I know--to get
a following. But that does not mean that you are wrong. You may very well have
diagnosed me perfectly--but I doubt it. Thanks anyway, Barry; but I really
don't see how I can do anything more than just say: "I will think hard about
all that you have said to me, but it will be very hard to accept that it is
true".

Please give my best to Curtis.

Robin