Xeno, a lot of Religionists and Spiritualists have
misconceptions about Darwin.

If you study evolution carefully, you will realise there is
a perfect balance between determinism and randomness.  It's
not entirely deterministic and it's not entirely random
either.

There is a certain broad set of laws in evolution and within
those laws some randomness plays a part.

Religionists and Spiritualists confuse Darwin with
metaphysics and mystisism.  They think Darwin tries to
replace it completely.  Darwin as a theory only explains the
mechanisms how life evolved and adapted.  It states nothing
about God or Consciousness.