--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@...>
wrote:

> Batgap!  Good God, Steve, what are you thinking?!  Ok, I admit
I stay on Batgap but that's more for sentimental reasons.  Those
guys never talk about politics or movies and TV or crop circles or any
of the other cool stuff that is discussed here.  With them it's
always Being and Nothingness 24/7.  Makes me want to eat a whole bag
of cookies and read Oprah magazine from cover to cover (-:

Well that's what I'm sayin.  Maybe he could pull up one of the brown
leather overstuffed chairs and converse with the participants.
Batgap Friend:  "Really Robin, it was so gauche of you to drop to
leaflets on the University".
Robin: "I was out of my mind at the time.  You know having been declared
to be in unity and all"
BF: "Robin, old boy, I've been meaning to discuss that with you.  Do you
think the Rish mispoke, or was misinterpreted?"
Robin: "For the love of Vasishta, of course not.  The Rish was very
clear about it"
BF: "Okay old boy calm down.  No need to bust a vessel about it.  Here,
take another sip of your brandy"
Robin: "Ah, those were good 'ol days at that.  Prowling around the
University.  Generally just stirring up things"
BF: "I'll give you that 'ol boy.  Then you even started your own group,
with even a alluring name, WTS at Sunnyside or some such thing,  if I am
not mistaken? Well done 'ol boy, well done"
Robin:  "Ah yes, but the seeds of destruction were even then planted at
the beginning.  Eventually I had to take refuge in the cover of
Catholicism"
BF: "Respectable, respectable.  You could have done far worse"
Robin: "But even that was short lived.  I had to even go so far as to
undo the entire unity experience"
BF: "Mon Deiu!  Well glad to have you here 'ol boy.  We're a friendly
lot.  I understand you had a bad spat over at the other place"
Robin:  "They didn't understand me over there.  Well some of them did.
But the ROI just wasn't there"
BF:  "Well you're here now, and that's what's important"

> laughing because actually I've tried to get some of them to come onto
FFL.  Just to help them get all that unity embodied.  But FFL
has a reputation for continual flame outs.  Wonder why ha ha.
That gives some people pause. Â

> BTW, they have their times of confrontation too.  Granted nothing
like here.  Their heated confrontations seem to be about defining
Self, ego, mind, etc.  They have 1 active woman poster who holds her
own with the guys.  I chime in now and then but often end up
trashing their posts unopened.  In general I'd say it's more of a
place for guys who like to be really abstract..  You should go there
Steve with your down to earth householder ways and help them all get
grounded. Â Â

> ________________________________

thought:Â  Robin should just do TM.Â
> I had a similiar thought.  The thought I had was that Robin
should move back into a "I am back in unity" position.  But then
I think a change of venue would be appropiate.  I would
recommend that he move over to the BATGAP forum.  There he would
have the company of many others who claim to be in unity, or at least
intimate that.  Also, there, the confrontation element is pretty
much ratcheted down to zero.
> I would miss him  though.  I've never been able to muster the
compunction to try to be a member there.  Maybe cuz I don't think I
have the bonifides.
> Â But of course he has recently said that everything TM is anathema
to him.  So then I thought of mindfulness as written about by Dr.
Dan Siegel in Mindsight.  In his therapy practice, Dr. Siegel uses
several forms of mindfulness to help clients heal their physical brains
even of genetically based limitations and imbalances.

> > Some might ask with regard to Robin, what imbalances and
limitations.  Even yesterday we see evidence of  his
brilliance.  I agree.  And yet for me the questions have
remained ever since the first upset between me and him around the
Russian flash mob youtube.  Of course at that time I was still
mostly unfamiliar with boisterous forums like FFL and certainly with
posters like Robin.  But his response to me then and his response to
Bill now seem similar to me in their self contradicting and confusing
quality.  Then I realized that this is what happens when Robin gets
triggered.

> > Triggered is a New Age word.  In ancient times the village
shaman would have been consulted.  The jyotishi would have done
yagyas for retrograde Mercury 3 degrees from exalted Sun.  In the
Dark Ages they would have spoken of possession.  In the last century
they spoke of lunacy and threw people into horrible institutions.
Nowadays big pharma offers all kinds of meds to help the brain.  Too
bad about the side effects such as destroying one's liver in the
process!  Anyway, post New Age, experts like Dr. Siegel focus on
brain chemistry and neuroplasticity, the ability of the brain to be
healed naturally.  We are so fortunate that now there are powerful
non drug ways to heal the brain.  Hopefully even of any ongoing harm
from LSD. Â

> > Robin, I am saying all this because you said that you are using FFL
to understand what happened to you and to make sense of your life
now.  I'm hoping that what I say helps with that.  And I'm
trying to understand myself too in all this FFL extravaganza and our
upsets in particular.

> > I liked the point that I think laughinggull made yesterday and will
use my own words:Â  that it could well be that Robin is different in
3D life than he is in FFL.  For sure this is true of us all.
Anyway, I'm just saying that something like TM or mindfulness might
provide the final strokes of healing needed beyond the work Robin has
done for the past 25 years.