--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater <no_reply@...> wrote:

> I'm not Share but I think it is rude to talk about someone as if they aren't
> already standing in the same room with you.

A nice point, although it happens a lot on FFL. My point is spirituality is not
really about a person, what we think we are, that that idea is an illusion, a
practical illusion, but unreal. What are we really? Suppose we were born
without an ability to have a thought, but could experience nonetheless. What
would life be like if we could experience without the ability to define things
by means of thoughts? We could see our body in a mirror but not give the
reflection a name. Do animals experience life like this? When one of your
horses looks at you, what does it experience? Does it know what a person is?
Does a horse think anyone is actually a someone? How do we as human beings
actually become a 'person'. What is that, how does it work, what are the steps
by which we become fashioned into what we think we are?

If Robin were enlightened, it would not bother him.
If Robin had an invulnerable ego, it would not bother him.
If however he lacked confidence in his knowledge of what he is, having a
certain lack of self-esteem, whatever that might be, then perhaps it might
bother him. He does not however seem to show such a characteristic.