> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, laughinggull108 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > I'm sure Robin enjoys a good argument as much as anyone
> > (and who doesn't like to win that argument!)...
>
> Actually, there are quite a few people who don't like
> to argue, period, much less "win" or claim to "win"
> those arguments. It seems to me that to even entertain
> the concept of arguing one has to 1) be attached to
> something strongly enough to argue it, and 2) be attached
> to one's view of that something strongly enough to believe
> that it is "right" or "correct" or "true" or even "more
> true" than someone else's view. In other words, there has
> to be a shitload of ego present to even *want* to argue.
>
> > ...but it takes two to tango, and if there's no response to
> > someone's post or comment, then it usually ends at that
> > point (unless you're Buck and respond to your own posts!).
>
> Or, as has happened several times, if the person wishing
> to perpetuate the argument writes five or more posts
> totaling literally tens of thousands of words berating
> the other person for bailing on the argument and stating
> what a terrible person they are for doing so. Just sayin'...
>
> > I should know because very few of my posts receive a response.
>
> I'm replying to this one out of pity. :-)
>
> > But it doesn't matter because I don't post to receive a
> > response; I post because I have something to say that may
> > be of value to someone...
>
> I have no such illusions about the supposed "value" of
> any of my posts. I post because I feel like it. End of
> story.
>
> > ...and once I've said it, I'm done.
>
> In this respect, we're alike then. I honestly don't
> understand someone who feels that they need five or
> six posts in which to state their ideas. I usually
> get it right (or at least right enough to suit me)
> in the first post. What is the point of saying it
> again in different ways, or of arguing with someone
> over it?

Funny how Barry feels he needs thousands of posts to state the same dishonest
unaccountable ideas for nearly 20 years. He invents infantile, bullshit
fantasies out of whole cloth simply to elevate himself and put people
down...exactly as he does in this post. Anyone that fixated on polishing his
image to make himself appear superior to others sees no reflection in life more
beautiful than his own. Just as Narcissus did when he gazed into a pool of
water and fell in love with himself. No one can compare in wit or intelligence
to Barry in his own glorious opinion of himself. Robin must be quite a threat
to the pedestal upon which he has placed himself and why he hates it when Judy
knocks him off it. Barry's constant harangue that Robin suffers from NPD is
nothing more than a projection of his own NPD.  Nothing new here folks...move
along.