--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@  wrote:
> >
> > I received a bottle of Don Julio 1942 anejo tequila
> > for the holidays - It isn't as old as that, though
> > produced using the same methods. I enjoy a salt
> > rimmed classic margy any time, or a decent tequila
> > over fresh lemonade, but this stuff, I must sip
> > straight. And it definitely has an unusual effect
> > as you say - more than simply the alcohol - the
> > agave cactus too.
>
> No barbs or criticism in this post, Jim, just
> an agreement. Don Julio 1942 is a quite accept-
> able tequila, and I say this as a person who
> has lived in Santa Fe, where some bars had 140
> varieties of tequila or mescal, many of them
> costing more than the Don Julio, and worth it.
>
> I'm writing out of envy. You simply can't get
> good sippin' tequila here in the Netherlands.
> The Dutch -- and truth be told most of Europe --
> have never developed a taste for the stuff.
> Therefore there is no perceived market for it,
> and no importers willing to import it. Sigh.
>
> Tequila and mescal are like single-malt Scotches
> in that they "age well," and benefit from the
> aging. The true aficionados can "blind sip" a
> good tequila and tell you what *village* it
> came from, much less which region. The best I
> ever tasted was a single-village mescal, made
> from wild -- as opposed to cultivated -- agave.
> It was like the difference between wild ginseng
> and cultivated ginseng -- night and day. It
> cost $300 a bottle, and people who tasted it
> were lining up to buy it. Go figure.

Tequila tasting in Lapland, some results:

1. Sierra Milenario Extra Anejo – 106 pistettä  (Beverage Partners Finland)
2. Sierra Antiguo Anejo – 105 p.  (Beverage Partners Finland)
3. Los Tres Tonos Anejo – 92  (Vinoble)
4. Olmeca Reposado – 89  (Pernod Ricard Finland)
5. El Jimador Anejo – 86  (Wennerco)
6. Patron Anejo (Interbrands)
7. Sauza Reposado Hornitos (Edrington)
8. Patron Silver (Interbrands)
9. Jose Cuervo Reposado (Hartwa-Trade)
10. Sierra Milenario Blanco (Beverage Partners Finland)
11. Sauza Silver (Edrington)
12. Corralejo Blanco (Servaali)
13. Sierra Reposado (Beverage Partners Finland)
14. Corralejo Anejo (Servaali)
15. San Jose Silver (Wennerco)
16. Patron Reposado (Interbrands)
17. Sauza Gold (Edrington)
18. Don Angel Blanco (HeinoJuomat)
19. Sierra Silver (Beverage Partners Finland)
20. Jose Cuervo Silver (Hartwa-Trade)

http://virtuaalibaari.fi/2012/09/04/f-b-s-k-lapin-tequila-tasting-sierran-juhlaa/#