--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, laughinggull108  wrote:
> >
> > From TMFree, apparently a graduate of MSAE who's got
> > his own little thing going. Thoughts anyone?
> >
> > http://youtu.be/T1V_JD9rODk
>
> Since you asked for "thoughts," here are mine.
>
> Clearly, people here ( especially the members of The
> Clique, who must have been saving up for a pile-on
> fest ) didn't think much of this guy's act.
>
> What struck me as *obvious*, and something that I
> don't think any of the detractors seem to have noticed,
> is that his act -- meaning his way of speaking, the
> way he moves and talks, etc. -- is pure Maharishi.

You know, for about two seconds I wondered whether he
was trying to imitate Maharishi, then I watched a few
more seconds and decided, no, this is his own shtick.

> The SAME people who creamed their jeans when Maharishi
> spoke and acted this way don't seem to like it when
> someone else does it. Isn't that fascinating?

Even if that's what he was doing, no, it wouldn't be
fascinating. What's fascinating is that you would
cream your jeans thinking you had an opportunity to
put down the people you don't like.

A ridiculously bad imitation of somebody one admires
is highly unlikely to inspire one to admire the imitator.

> What they perceive as charlatanry in this guy is IMO
> remarkably like the act they fell for and followed
> for decades in a short, fat Indian guy, probably
> because he was Indian and wearing a dhoti.

(In fact, MMY was a skinny little dude.)

However funny other people might have found MMY, most
of them would have recognized that the way he talked
was...uh...the way he talked. It was natural to him.
Obviously that wasn't the case with this nitwit.

> OF COURSE I agree with the detractors that this guy
> is a fruitcake. It's just that I'm more amused by
> the fact that those who piled onto him

Translation: expressed their opinion of him, just as
Barry is doing here. It isn't piling on when Barry
does it, you see, only when those he doesn't like
do it.

 lack the
> discrimination to notice that most people in the
> world would react to *Maharishi* speaking exactly
> the same way they're reacting to this guy. It's the
> same act, after all.

And if this were true, and if other people would have
reacted negatively to MMY, that means we should have
reacted the same way?

Are you reading what you're writing? Because you are
making zero sense. It's just one more instance of
Barry desperately needing to put his own critics down,
regardless of whether he has anything meaningful to
say.