--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@> wrote:
> >
> > Share doesn't know how to dance or play *with* people,
> > because that would require a vulnerability not present
> > in her.
>
> Now, in the language of the TMO, TM is alleged to bring the
> experience of 'invincibility'. That is, the absence of
> vulnerability. It does seem that people who have had long
> practice with at least some spiritual techniques develop a
> sort of psychological invulnerability.

If that invulnerability leaves them unable to "dance or
play *with* people," it would seem to be a pretty
serious disadvantage.

I'd suggest that there may be a kind of core
invulnerability that comes from spiritual development,
but that when it's authentic, its effect is to make it
possible to be *more* vulnerable in one's interpersonal
interactions. One isn't afraid to be vulnerable to
another person, because that core cannot be shaken.