 From: authfriend <authfri...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:13 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: David Lynch Is Back to Judy

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long  wrote:

> Hey Judy, thanks for the article on Dr. Oz. Totally
fascinating. So much ambition for so much of his life. Ooo, I
would LOVE to see his jyotish chart. I would guess Sun either
in Aries or Leo. Very strong Sun. Big ego. It's always
fascinating to see ambition and idealism combined in one
person. It's like a balancing act. Which aspect will win on
any given day? He is definitely on a mission to help people.

Most importantly to help Dr. Oz.

> When I was talking about issues with reference to MJ, race
> was farthest from my mind. I tend to be very psychological
> in my outlook and those were the kind of issues I was
> referring to. Traumas from childhood, etc.

Traumas from childhood. Hmm. Michael said Oz was afraid to
go against Oprah because Michael had a childhood trauma?
What could that have been, do you think, and how would
that have led him to such a conclusion? I mean, the point
he actually made--that Oz owes Oprah for having given him
his own show--seemed entirely reasonable on its own terms.

Have you ever asked yourself whether it might be a good
idea not to suggest that someone you're disagreeing with
has "deeper issues" without specifying what you thought
the "deeper issues" were?

If you ever did, I can see why you'd have decided against
it. After all, "deeper issues" implies that the person is
fucked up in some way, and if you leave it at that, you
don't have to risk being wrong by proposing anything
specific. You don't even have to have anything specific
in mind; it's just an all-purpose putdown.

But you *do* run the risk of folks thinking you were
implying something really nasty, like, in this case,
an accusation of racism.

All things considered, I'd advise being straightforward
and specific rather than vague and insinuating. It avoids
misunderstandings and bad feelings.

You didn't intend to create bad feelings, now, did you?