--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> Regarding the paragraph immediately above, I do not
> feel pride in what others write. I am not a supporter
> of Barry. He has his life. I have mine. Certain things
> cross over from time to time. I think Barry spent too
> much time dealing with this particular issue. Maybe he
> was being generous with his time, or could be that
> French wine!

I was just amused at how strongly the Judester had
gotten her buttons pushed by all of this, that's all.
No one takes anything she says seriously, but it IS
kinda perversely amusing to watch her get so wound up
she stays up ranting until after 2 a.m. trying to
defend the indefensible, all because she's got the
hots for the indefensible. :-)

Watching her lose it over all of this, seemingly
convinced at every moment that she's "winning" and
actually helping Robin's reputation around here, I
am reminded of one of the classic stories about
Winston Churchill and Lady Astor. He loathed her,
and some cruel host who didn't like Churchill very
much seated her next to him at a dinner. Churchill
did what any sensible diplomat would do in such a
situation, and proceeded to get roaring drunk.

At one point, he turned and stared at her and said,
as if he were just then noticing it, "Madame, you
are *incredibly* ugly." She turned to him and said,
"Sir, you are drunk." Churchill replied, "Yes, I am
drunk, but in the morning I will be sober, and you
will still be ugly."

Judy can "defend" Robin all she wants, and try to
call those who don't buy his act all the names she
wants, but in the morning, when all of this blows
over, Robin will *still* be a crazy person, and
she'll *still* be a gullible idiot for having fallen
for his act. The only difference will be that she'll
have proven herself even more of an idiot than usual.

I don't know about you, Xeno, but that's really my
only interest in Robin Carlsen -- how SO many people,
who all consider themselves SO intelligent, could be
SO taken in by this sociopathic charlatan, both in
the past, and more recently on this forum. It boggles
the mind.

Watching Judy gush over Robin is like watching the
French gush over Jerry Lewis, but even more incom-
prehensible. Maybe at heart Judy is still in high
school, and she's still trying to draw attention by
"liking the bad boys." Who knows? Anyway, give this
song a listen and see if it reminds you of her as
much as it did me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGQt6GY8nKA

[Spoken:]
Is she really going out with him?
Well, there she is. Let's ask her.
Judy, is that Robin's ring you're wearing?
Mm-hmm
Gee, it must be great riding with him
Is he picking you up after school today?
Uh-uh
By the way, where'd you meet him?

I met him at the candy store
He turned around and smiled at me
You get the picture? (yes, we see)
That's when I fell for (the leader of the pack)

My folks were always putting him down (down, down)
They said he came from the wrong side of town
(whatcha mean when ya say that he came from the wrong side of town?)
They told me he was bad
But I knew he was sad
That's why I fell for (the leader of the pack)

One day my dad said, "Find someone new"
I had to tell my Robin we're through
(whatcha mean when ya say that ya better go find somebody new?)
He stood there and asked me why
But all I could do was cry
I'm sorry I hurt you (the leader of the pack)

[Spoken:]
He sort of smiled and kissed me goodbye
The tears were beginning to show
As he drove away on that rainy night
I begged him to go slow
But whether he heard, I'll never know

Look out! Look out! Look out! Look out!

I felt so helpless, what could I do?
Remembering all the things we'd been through
In school they all stop and stare
I can't hide the tears, but I don't care
I'll never forget him (the leader of the pack)

The leader of the pack - now he's gone
The leader of the pack - now he's gone
The leader of the pack - now he's gone
The leader of the pack - now he's gone