> I *told* you she'd "declare victory" over a "battle"
> that was only going on inside her head, didn't I?
>
> In this case, the *entire argument* was in her head.
> I didn't care who said this, and Xeno didn't care who
> said it. No one else even replied.
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:

> > In the meantime, my thanks to Barry for performing
> > exactly as I expected, like a trained seal. I'm
> > sure *his* supporters, Steve and Xeno, are proud
> > of him. ;-)

Regarding the paragraph immediately above, I do not feel pride in what others
write. I am not a supporter of Barry. He has his life. I have mine. Certain
things cross over from time to time. I think Barry spent to much time dealing
with this particular issue. Maybe he was being generous with his time, or could
be that French wine!

Now as a diversion, I just read in an article about a year old, that Starbucks
has never made a profit in France, though they have been doing a lot to try to
rectify that situation. Starbucks, a big commericial café operation, has had
trouble in one of those countries where all this began. In the U.S., high
quality coffee began with Mr. Peet from Amsterdam, and he gave his expertise
freely to the budding Starbucks corporation years ago, but Starbucks seems to
have missed something along the way.

So, from our reporter in France and the Netherlands, what is the difference in
French cafés and French coffee preparation that differs from Starbucks
(ambiance, roasting, quality?), and is France's café business different from
what is found in the Netherlands? I have never been to either country. I do
like coffee, and I like French Roast which is the blackest of the roasts in the
U.S., but supposedly some in France have said Starbucks 'French Roast' tastes
too burnt. In the United States, Starbucks is getting competition from other
smaller vendors, but mainly from Dunkin' Donuts and MacDonald's who offer
knock-offs at a much lower price. But Europe is the original breeding ground of
this business. What is up?