Do you have a comment to make about Hackers?

On 12/2/2013 9:26 AM, authfri...@yahoo.com wrote:

Yes, the liars were really out in force over the weekend, along with their defenders. (That's who you were referring to, right?)

Buck wrote:

Yep, Denial-of-service-attacks. DoSa. Yea that is effectively what we have for so long had with all the unkindness that some in evident method have used to quench and flood out much of any substantial discussion on FFL. We've been long suffering with that here. It is like as soon as the water settles out to drink they come and flood poison over it again in unkind method. Like look at the last week again, these pernicious writers were repeatedly given the chance to come in from their unkind ways and they are right back at flooding the springs with their poison. I hope Rick returns from his travels and does something to save the spring that is FFL.

-Buck, on the lone prairie

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

    Richard J writes,

    One of the favorite tactics of internet pranksters and hackers is to
    'raid' a forum or site, essentially overwhelm it with negative
    rantings
    in large numbers, just for kicks - lulz.
    ..
    It seems to me that most of these hacker exploits wouldn't be a
    problem
    if moderators were a bit more diligent in their moderating and
    security:

    strcpy () is your enemy, strncpy () is your friend. Go figure.

        ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

        One of the favorite tactics of internet pranksters and hackers
        is to
        'raid' a forum or site, essentially overwhelm it with negative
        rantings
        in large numbers, just for kicks - lulz.

        According to what I've read on 4chan /b/, the "Anonymous
        Group" will
        conduct a major DDoS, even bigger than the attack on the
        Church of
        Scientology, which was called "Project Chanology". Thank God
        respondents
        are allowed unlimited posts per week on Yahoo! FFL, or else
        we'd be
        hacked and shut down by the pirates and the hackers - we've
        got to
        defend ourselves or it's chaos.

        It seems to me that most of these hacker exploits wouldn't be
        a problem
        if moderators were a bit more diligent in their moderating and
        security:
        strcpy () is your enemy, strncpy () is your friend. Go figure.

        This is another one of those books that needs to be on a
        mandatory
        reading list for all IT Security bachelors degrees. Yes, I've
        got the
        book and the degree, and that's probably the main reason I'm
        still alive
        and posting.

        "Kevin Mitnick was the most elusive computer break-in artist
        in history.
        He accessed computers and networks at all the world's biggest
        companies
        - and no matter how fast the authorities were, Mitnick was
        faster,
        sprinting through phone switches, computer systems, and
        cellular networks.

        As the FBI's net finally began to tighten, Mitnick went on the
        run,
        engaging in an increasingly sophisticated game of hide and
        seek that
        escalated through false identities, a host of cities, and
        plenty of
        close shaves, to an ultimate showdown with the Feds, who would
        stop at
        nothing to bring him down.

        "Ghost in the Wires" is a thrilling true story of intrigue,
        suspense,
        and unbelievable escapes - and a portrait of a visionary who
        forced the
        authorities to rethink the way they pursued him and forced
        companies to
        rethink the way they protect their their most sensitive
        information."
        With an introduction by Steve Wozniak.

        'Ghost in the Wires'
        by Kevin Mitnick