---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
wrote:

 > Yep, Denial-of-service-attacks.

 Another form of Denial-of-service is to pick the people one doesn't like
 on an Internet forum and harass them with literally hundreds or
 thousands of posts for many years until they no longer feel it is worth
 posting on the forum. Because every time them do, the stalkers will
 start their harassment campaign again.

 Many of these victims finally decide that it really isn't worth it to
 participate any more because the constant harassment from their stalkers
 prevents them from contributing anything of value, so they leave.

 The stalkers consider this a "win." More sane people consider it a loss
 for the forum, because the people chased away by the stalkers were often
 the best and brightest posters.

 Others not directly targeted by the stalkers also consider it a loss,
 because the stalkers tend to then take over the forum and use it to post
 nothing but their own petty grievances and vendettas, drowning out the
 interesting discussions other posters originally signed up for. Many of
 these "secondary victims" also end up leaving the forum.

 The ones who stay generally avoid interacting with the stalkers, because
 they've seen what will happen to *them* if they say something that lands
 them on the stalkers' Enemies List. In the end, the only people who
 interact with the stalkers are the occasional well-meaning person trying
 to get them to lighten up and return to sanity (dangerous, because
 that's guaranteed to land them on the Enemies List themselves), or the
 toadies and groupies who suck up to the primary stalkers, kiss their
 asses, and try to emulate and perpetuate their sick behavior.

 It's a form of cyberterrorism.

Just like what you did when I first started posting to FFL. You had had a few
beers and got mean and nasty. It was just about enough to drive me away. You
are easily as guilty of this as anyone and I believe this explains your
longevity here Barry. You are an unwelcoming bastard to just about everyone who
decides to begin posting here, not to mention those who have been here for
years. One whiff of your style of 'welcome wagon' and any normal person leaves
pretty quickly.