From symmetric to asymmetric dress-code, from a uniformity of business suits
and schoolmarmish attire at a time in TM over to Raja crowns and robes was
useful to the cause and without significant subtle effect in TM history?  For
group cohesion of consciousness of the lower form?  Was bad theatre or
brilliant leadership for the cause?  Trendline when looked at?

 "If they who thus afflicted us, continued to lay Claim to Religion, and were
assisted in their Business by others, esteemed Pious People, who through a
Friendship with them strengthened their Hands in Tyranny:
 In Such a State, when we were (spiritually) Hunger-bitten, and could not have
sufficient Nourishment, but saw them in Fulness pleasing their Taste with
Things fetched from afar:
 When we were wearied with Labour, denied the Liberty to (meditate) rest, and
saw them spending their Time at Ease: When Garments answerable to our
Necessities were denied us, while we saw them clothed in that which was costly
and delicate:

 Under such Affliction, how would these painful Feelings rise up as Witness
against their pretended Devotion! And if the Name of their Religion was
mention'd in our Hearing, how would it sound in our Ears like a Word which
signified Self-exaltation, and Hardness of Heart!  -John Woolman

 But woe this other aspect of resentment of differentials as detriment in
groups in which asymmetric style differentials can bring to a podium. .
Thinking of robes, medallions, gold hats, crowns and such arrayed across a
stage in front of an audience, an array that embarks on mixed signals to the
higher human mind in the theatre of differentials that dress-code differentials
can impose when not well used in groups. That proly explains some lot of an
erosion in rank-and-file of what were once large spiritual movements. Loss of
touch with reality between the podium and the audience. The asymmetric
differential becomes too damned haughty.

 “May we look upon our treasures, the furniture of our houses, and our
garments, and try whether the seeds of war have nourishment in these our
possessions. Holding treasures in the self-pleasing spirit is a strong plant,
the fruit whereof ripens fast.  A day of outward distress is coming and Divine
Love calls for us to prepare against it.”

 John Woolman, Journal,  Whittier  Edition (Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1871),
Appendix, p. 307

 Yep, certainly Maharishi had us in a uniformity of business suits and
schoolmarmish attire at a time. John Woolman and Quaker simplicity or Mao in
symmetric dress-code movement too for example. Simplification as a spiritual
organizational practice to keep people from running after silly ostentatious
standards of extraneous materialism that are so fundamentally superfluous to
the central focus in lean progress of necessity and might otherwise take those
of young or immature mind away is time honored spiritual instruction. Evidently
this principle of simple living has a profound purpose in Natural Law that the
simple life keeps getting pulled on by spiritual Unified Field revival
movements.

 Proly a lot of great millenarians employ and urge uniformity and simplicities,
urging and adopting a commonality in symmetric dress-code as device to keep
people's attention, energy, time and animal needs focused and thereby
concentrated on the large spiritual practice of their movement and its business
at hand.  There is a practicality in this as utility around group cohesion in
formative stages.
 -Buck, a plain and common meditator only

> ---  "Jason"  wrote:
> >
> > An asymmetric dress-code is bad because it is one-sided and
> > has nothing to do with egalitarian sexuality. It promotes
> > prejudice and bias on a very subtle level.
> >
> > I am a great believer in the uni-sex dress-code.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

 Now that's better!

Something like this might be better?