Now, wait.  This sort of sounds like a set up.  I say this because you have
always been a proponent of the "these (supposed) states of consciousness are
all subjective and can't be proven".  So, why would such a declaration be
important to you?

 I mean, it seems to me, you could immediately jump to the other side, and
declare how useless it is to make such a declaration.

 What am I missing?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 There is no reason that anyone should be surprised about this. The WHOLE THING
-- meaning "Maharishi's teaching" and the promise of enlightenment -- has been
a con since Day One. The only reason it "works" is that people who bought into
it early are so ashamed to admit that they were conned that they keep
perpetuating their belief, and thus the whole stack of cards.

If I'm wrong about this, please show me one -- count them, one -- press
statement or announcement from the TMO saying, "This (insert photo and name of
shill here) is a fully enlightened being, and he got that way by practicing the
TM and/or TM-Sidhi programs."

It's never happened, and it never will. The same way that they'll never
"achieve the numbers" to "prove" the ME. For the believers, it's the eternal
carrot on a string, pursued by the faithful, who are more committed to the
"will to believe" than the "wish to find out." For the onlookers, there's not
even a carrot. It's the promise of a carrot, and from their point of view the
True Believers are furiously chasing a stick with a string tied to it, and
nothing at the end of the string.