 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: The Raam
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Friday, February 7, 2014, 10:26 PM

 Speaking
 for myself, I never felt I was guaranteed enlightenment.
  Yea, I know all about cc in 5 - 7 years, but I never
 put much stock in that,nor did I know others who did.

 Perhaps that was the extent
 of the misrepresentation, it you're looking for a
 "smoking gun", at least as far as the
 "gaining enlightenment" part.
 Otherwise, I think people
 got involved either for a vision of possibilities, or
 because because they were looking for "something",
 and this seemed to offer some potential.
 But as for declaring such
 and such a person as "enlightened", that would
 appear to be pretty out of place in any tradition I'm
 familiar with.
 Spiritual growth is a pretty
 personal matter, not something you're likely to crow
 about.

<turquoiseb@...>
 wrote:

 --- In
 FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

 > Now, wait. This sort of sounds like a set up. I say
 this because you have always been a proponent of the
 "these (supposed) states of consciousness are all
 subjective and can't be proven". So, why would
 such a declaration be important to you?

 It
 wouldn't be the least bit important to me. But you'd
 think it might be important to Maharishi (who sold this
 supposed state of consciousness for close to 50 years) to be
 able to point to even one of his students who embodied it.
 After all, if he didn't, people might begin to think
 that the sales pitch was a pile of crap.