On 2/7/2014 4:26 PM, steve.sun...@yahoo.com wrote:
I know all about cc in 5 - 7 years

Actually, in over ten years of being a reader on Yahoo Groups and Google Grpups, I've never seen any proof that the TMO or MMY ever "promised anyone enlightenment in 5-7 years." This is a meme that's been posted on the internet for at least fifteen years without any proof. Maybe Barry got this phrase mixed up with the World Plan of five years. Go figure.

But, I seriously doubt that MMY ever said such a thing - it's not in any MMY book, tape, video, or printed quote that I know of. This was never a promise Jerry Jarvis ever made, fer sure and it's not in any TM intro lecture that I ever heard. I've got a stack of SIMS literature and nowhere does it promise anyone enlightenment.

First of all, it would be non-sensical to promise enlightenment to anyone - there were already people who had been TM meditating for over five years when the SRM was founded in the USA. And, second according to MMY, TM is NOT the cause of enlightenment - it simply provides the ideal opportunity for transcending. You are only going to get as much enlightenment as you are going to get.