I confess I don't understand that at all - were there only men on that first
course? How come the householders weren't there and what kind of piggy things
were you guys doing?
On Sat, 2/8/14, steve.sun...@yahoo.com <steve.sun...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: The Raam
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 1:13 AM

       I was
 never one for flashy experiences. The hi-light of the
 course, was, of course, all the face time with
 Maharishi.
 There was all kinds of
 experimentation going on with diet, and enemas, even to the
 point where we had blood withdrawn, for some sort of
 testing.
 Also, it was during that
 time that I developed quite a love, yes love, I will say for
 the Upanishads.  We would read those for hours at a
 time.  I don't recall if it was that period, or a
 different period when I was actually able to sit in a full
 lotus for at least a half hour period of meditation,
 sometimes with my hands in the mudra pose.  I noticed
 that that had a profound influence on purifying my
 physiology.  Now, I don't like to use buzz words
 like that, but that is the best way I can describe it.
  I remember reading later, that the full lotus helps to
 purify, or have a positive effect on the nerves in your
 body.
 I did have one flashy
 experience which I related here before, I believe.  I
 had worked myself into such a devotional frenzy towards
 Maharishi, that I actually had the sensation of my heart
 melting.  Yes, I suppose it was some effect of the
 heart chakra, but it was the most exquisite feeling, and it
 felt like...... your heart melted.
 Another funny moment, I may
 have shared here before.  This six months course was
 the worst, the very worst time for householders in the
 movement.  We were getting all this face time with
 Maharishi, and the householders were feeling very
 bereft.
 Well, one afternoon, John
 Konhaus, (who was, and still is, I believe, married to Sarah
 Konhaus) has us all convene for a meeting, and declared in a
 very strong voice, "Maharishi was VERY embarrassed
 today"  He said that that a hotel owner in a
 different town called the hotel owner in the hotel we were
 staying in, for a recommendation, and asked what kind of
 guest we were.  Evidently the hotel owner said that the
 guests in this, (our hotel), "were like pigs".
  Oh, we got a big kick out of that.
 Good times. Good
 times.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackson74@...>
 wrote:

 Thank you for
 sharing those stories - so what kind of experiences did you
 have on that 1st 6 month course? And did you get the sutra
 for understanding the language of animals? That's the
 one I always wanted.

  On Sat, 2/8/14, steve.sundur@...
 <steve.sundur@...>

 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com

 Date: Saturday, February 8, 2014,

 Hey

 Mike,

 Since I know you like this

 kind of thing, I'll relate a few stories from the time

 was on the first six month course along with Andy Rhymer,

 Rick Archer and others.  In fact, Andy was in my small

 group, along with some "108's".  It was

 our responsbility to correspond on Maharishi's behalf

 with some the other teacher's and 108's who were

 stationed around the world.  I remember getting
 letters

 from, I believe, Michael Brule, was teaching in Iran and
 was

 getting harassed by the Shaw's secret service.  I

 believe it was called the Savak, (yes, just checked it, and

 that is correct).  In fact, I think he was even

 imprisoned for a time.  He was feeling pretty

 discouraged.

 At any rate, I remember Andy

 describing his experience of doing Puja, and describing
 wave

 after wave of bliss.  I also remember him describing

 Maharishi some past life experiences, and saying each

 park,

 during an experience he had.

 Probably the best moment was

 when Andy was talking directly to Maharishi, who was there

 in the room, as he often was, and telling Maharishi that
 the

 most important part of enlightenment was devotion to the

 Master.  Maharishi said it was the most

 "natural", and Andy kept insisting that it was
 the

 most "important". There was a sweet back and
 forth

 that when on for a while like that.

 As to Andy being, or

 becoming an alleged pedophile, don't have an answer for

 that.  Edg is on record here saying that he'd

 remove the alleged part.

 If that is a

 disqualification for being enlightened, I really can't

 say.  I'm not familiar with all the ins and outs
 of

 it. But it does seem that many who may have done some heavy

 lifting to get that point, (of enlightenment) will
 sometimes

 take a funny detour.

 As for Robin, yes I found

 him extraordinary in many ways. Whether he had classic NPS,

 I couldn't say, but it sure seemed that way to me much

 of the time.  But then again, it doesn't register

 with me much if a person is said to be enlightened or

 not.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 <mjackson74@...>

 wrote:

 M said Robin

 Carlsen and Andy Rhymer were enlightened.

 On Fri, 2/7/14, steve.sundur@...

 <steve.sundur@...>

 wrote:

 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: The Raam

 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com

 Date: Friday, February 7, 2014, 10:26 PM

 Speaking

 for myself, I never felt I was guaranteed enlightenment.

  Yea, I know all about cc in 5 - 7 years, but I never

 put much stock in that,nor did I know others who did.

 Perhaps that was the extent

 of the misrepresentation, it you're looking for a

 "smoking gun", at least as far as the

 "gaining enlightenment" part.

 Otherwise, I think people

 got involved either for a vision of possibilities, or

 because because they were looking for

 "something",

 and this seemed to offer some potential.

 But as for declaring such

 and such a person as "enlightened", that would

 appear to be pretty out of place in any tradition I'm

 familiar with.

 Spiritual growth is a pretty

 personal matter, not something you're likely to crow

 about.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,

 <turquoiseb@...>

 wrote:

 > Now, wait.  This sort of sounds like a set up.  I say

 this because you have always been a proponent of the

 "these (supposed) states of consciousness are all

 subjective and can't be proven".  So, why would

 such a declaration be important to you?

 It

 wouldn't be the least bit important to me. But

 you'd

 think it might be important to Maharishi (who sold this

 supposed state of consciousness for close to 50 years) to

 be

 able to point to even one of his students who embodied it.

 After all, if he didn't, people might begin to think

 that the sales pitch was a pile of crap.