I was never one for flashy experiences. The hi-light of the course, was, of
course, all the face time with Maharishi.

 There was all kinds of experimentation going on with diet, and enemas, even to
the point where we had blood withdrawn, for some sort of testing.

 Also, it was during that time that I developed quite a love, yes love, I will
say for the Upanishads.  We would read those for hours at a time.  I don't
recall if it was that period, or a different period when I was actually able to
sit in a full lotus for at least a half hour period of meditation, sometimes
with my hands in the mudra pose.  I noticed that that had a profound influence
on purifying my physiology.  Now, I don't like to use buzz words like that, but
that is the best way I can describe it.  I remember reading later, that the
full lotus helps to purify, or have a positive effect on the nerves in your
body.

 I did have one flashy experience which I related here before, I believe.  I
had worked myself into such a devotional frenzy towards Maharishi, that I
actually had the sensation of my heart melting.  Yes, I suppose it was some
effect of the heart chakra, but it was the most exquisite feeling, and it felt
like...... your heart melted.

 Another funny moment, I may have shared here before.  This six months course
was the worst, the very worst time for householders in the movement.  We were
getting all this face time with Maharishi, and the householders were feeling
very bereft.

 Well, one afternoon, John Konhaus, (who was, and still is, I believe, married
to Sarah Konhaus) has us all convene for a meeting, and declared in a very
strong voice, "Maharishi was VERY embarrassed today"  He said that that a hotel
owner in a different town called the hotel owner in the hotel we were staying
in, for a recommendation, and asked what kind of guest we were.  Evidently the
hotel owner said that the guests in this, (our hotel), "were like pigs".  Oh,
we got a big kick out of that.

 Good times. Good times.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackson74@...> wrote:

 Thank you for sharing those stories - so what kind of experiences did you have
on that 1st 6 month course? And did you get the sutra for understanding the
language of animals? That's the one I always wanted.
 On Sat, 2/8/14, steve.sundur@... mailto:steve.sundur@... <steve.sundur@...