On 4/23/2014 8:54 AM, TurquoiseBee wrote:
I don't even agree with the first of its Four Noble Truths.

You say that, but if you were so satisfied and happy, why would you spend all that money and time pursuing a spiritual path for answers?

But, even if you were happy, that doesn't make it so for others. That's where compassion comes in. The important point is not that YOU are suffering, but that ANYBODY is suffering.

It's not really about you.

It comes down to the question: are we free or are we bound? If free, then there's no need for a yoga practice; if bound, by what means can we free ourselves?

1. The truth of suffering, anxiety, unsatisfactoriness (dukkha).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Noble_Truths

---
is active.