HEEEjjjji you forgot to insert some illustration... may i help u out

 I'm taking a short break from work, and thought I'd spend a few minutes on
this sunny afternoon rapping about one of the things I like about some
Buddhists I've met. Despite what Nabby says, I'm not actually a Buddhist
myself. I couldn't be, because I don't even agree with the first of its Four
Noble Truths.
http://www.mountainsoftravelphotos.com/ReferenceImagesF/Introducing%20Buddha2.jpg

http://www.mountainsoftravelphotos.com/ReferenceImagesF/Introducing%20Buddha2.jpg

But I have met many Buddhists over the years (definitely *not* including the
Rama/Fred Lenz guy, who only called himself a Buddhist), and one thing strikes
me about the best of them is that they're pragmatic.

The historical Buddha reputedly refused to be drawn into discussions of or
arguments about the How and Why of things. He considered it a waste of time.
His focus was on the What of things -- what is happening, right now, here, in
the moment? In his view, it didn't really help to ponder How the events in this
moment happened or Why they happened. Whatever you come up with will be only
one view of the moment, and it won't really help you to deal with the moment
itself. Better to focus, in his opinion, on the moment itself, and surfing it
gracefully.

I'm kinda drawn that way myself, which is why some aspects of Buddhism appeal
to me. The cool Buddhists I've known don't really spend much time pondering
theories of How or Why things happen. They just deal with the What of things,
as they happen.

And y'know, most of the time they're more *effective* at dealing with the
moment than those who are off on the sidelines somewhere trying to figure out
Why it happened or How. By the time they come up with an "explanation" that
they can settle for, the moment has passed and they've lost their chance to
deal with it at all.
Isn't it nice that Maya stop asking question

That's all. Now Nabby can go ballistic because someone mentioned "Buddhists."
:-)