 I use Chromecast too, casting to my 55" LED panel.  Amazon and VUDU and
sometimes Hulu+ with my BD player.  The VUDU app has problems with Chromecast
and Hulu+ will try to show "selected" ads in HD and freeze for a few seconds.
That doesn't happen with the BD player where they stream only SD commercials
and then the show in 720p.  Some shows on Hulu+ like "Blacklist" can be 1080p
on Chromecast.
 This may come as a surprise to those who know me only here on ffl as a
Humanist and kinda poetic.

Bhairitu - i understand everything you're saying about the interaction of these
technologies. Just let me know if you have a question or two that I can help
with.

See you,