On a large screen close-ups look ridiculous. American TV often uses way too many of them and foreign TV not so much or not at all. The commentary on the "Utopia" BD mentioned that they purposely avoided close-ups. I learned back in the early 1970s from some folks who had done US TV series that the close-ups were done for save money. Actors didn't have to do anything with their hands. But was one of the things that stood out about "The Prisoner" way back then, it didn't have a lot of closeups. Arguing this on a tech forum gets comments from production people that "it's a style" but they probably weren't in the business way back then and likely not even born yet.

"The Blacklist" season 2 opener was good except for too many close-up shots. Also I think Comcast (who now owns NBC) understands that on streaming you can't overload the shows with commercials like broadcast does. But ABC and FOX don't understand this. People complain about this a lot on Hulu+. Hehe, after using Chromecast a while which "captures" the web stream and sends it to your TV (like teleconferencing), I got to thinking about how just capturing the browser and recording it to the hard drive might work. Very well with Linux and you can run a little program to cut the ads out too. Then play back on on TV.

Unfortunately I found "Gotham" cliché just like the Wired article says. I won't bother after the pilot even with Donal Logue in the cast. The best thing he has done on TV was a character in "Son of Anarchy" a couple seasons back. I don't think Turq saw it because SOA may not been his "cuppa tea". Kurt Sutter is another showrunner like Vince Gilligan who can actually create 13 episodes worth seeing.

On one of the home theater forums, a guy who lives in NYC and has a Chromecast complains he can't use it because of all the wifi routers in his apartment building. The biggest feature request for Chromecast 2.0 is a dual band model.