I've been enjoying "Empire" which plays on FOX. It's a very good representation of the politics of the music industry of which I was a part for many years. I've also been watching episodes of the original Australian version of "The Slap" on Hulu+. I'll be comparing episode two of the NBC version tonight also via Hulu+. The Australian version is much more HBO like and couldn't be broadcast in prudish backward America. Melissa George plays the same role in both versions and does an exceptional job for such a complex character.

The lack of civility comes primarily from overpopulation and inequality. People are feeling "pinched" and yet they won't do anything about it. They should be taking to the streets in mass and forming a New Robin Hood Society to rescue the rich for their excess wealth that makes them insane. :-D