 I've been enjoying "Empire" which plays on FOX.  It's a very good
representation of the politics of the music industry of which I was a part for
many years.  I've also been watching episodes of the original Australian
version of "The Slap" on Hulu+.  I'll be comparing episode two of the NBC
version tonight also via Hulu+.   The Australian version is much more HBO like
and couldn't be broadcast in prudish backward America.  Melissa George plays
the same role in both versions and does an exceptional job for such a complex
character.

According to what I've read, human overpopulation occurs if the number of
people in a group exceeds the carrying capacity of a region occupied by that
group.

 The lack of civility comes primarily from overpopulation and inequality.
People are feeling "pinched" and yet they won't do anything about it.  They
should be taking to the streets in mass and forming a New Robin Hood Society to
rescue the rich for their excess wealth that makes them insane. :-D

Non sequitur. Overpopulation mainly occurs in third world countries with high
birth rates. It's a problem in China and India and Sub-Saharan Africa, but not
in the Western world, however the population of these countries will slow due
to the stability brought on by rising wealth and economic stability.

Obviously the solution to overpopulation is birth control and urbanization, not
wealth reidtribution.