From: Duveyoung <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 7:19 PM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] 37 words

    Q:   But when you look at yourself, what do you see?

Nisargadatta:  It depends how I look. When I look through the mind, I see
numberless people. When I look beyond the mind, I see the witness. Beyond the
witness there is the infinite intensity of emptiness and silence.

Edg:  This is the constant teaching of Nisargadatta throughout his talks:
awareness is not consciousness.
Edg, with all due respect, where the fuck is your head? When I read this quote,
the first thing I thought was, "Hey, that was pretty cool...I have no problems
with that interpretation of experience. I can get down with that."

And then I moved one line lower on the screen and read your "synopsis" of this
statement. What a shock. In N-baby's original statement, there were no "nots"
and no negativity. In your interpretation, there were.
Kinda says it all, tragedy-of-knowledge-wise.