From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

Would you think Google could pull off self-referral consciousness or just
algorithmic intelligence?
It depends what you mean by "self referral". If a computer could see and hear
and respond independently of it's programming to the world then it what way is
it not conscious like us?
Even seeing and hearing are limited, we perceive very little of our
surroundings. A computer based intelligence might be aware far beyond what we
are capable of and think us puny because of it. And they are already working on
programmes that can improve themselves, this takes "self referral" to another
level does it not?
What I'm getting at is that we have this opinion that we are special simply by
virtue of our ability to ponder the matter. But we could be designing something
so much more impressive in our terms than what nature did for us. But first we
have to understand ourselves - that's the tricky bit. But not impossible
because we are things made of stuff.
Or we could bypass human mimicry and build something innately superior in every
way. Exciting times.

It certainly wouldn't be difficult to design a better intelligence than the
pathetic version that humans have displayed over the centuries. The first
concept that a halfway decent AI would throw out as the joke it is is religion.

  • [FairfieldLife] Re: R... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... salyavin808
      • Re: [Fairfie... TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re: [Fai... salyavin808