> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > on 12/3/05 10:59 AM, anonymousff at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >
> > > Realizing that you were never bound.
> >
> > I am silly enough to not even know I was bound. Am I now just on the
> > beginning of the road: i) it was  just implied I must be bound, ii)
> > i must now seek liberation iii) at some point I will realize I was
> > never bound.
> >
> > Hmm, things seemed simpler in the zero state -- the ignorance of
> > being bound in the first place.
> >
> > Serious point actually. It seems that "seekers" are the few in the
> > population that would characterize themselves as "bound".
>
> True enough:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_cave
>
> So did you consider yourself a seeker before you read
> Rick's response?  If so, what did you have in mind that
> you believed you were seeking?
>
> You asked about the meaning of "liberation."  What was
> it that made you curious about it?

Two different anons here (two manifestations of the ONE immortal ANON).

I wrote the latter response, but not the original question.

I see your point of the allegory in the cave. But it seems to be there
may be a deeper paradox here swallowing up even that. I will ponder on
composing such.

Meanwhile, the cave is a good story for a "seeker" -- but is it
necessarily a universal truth for all?

It all has the appearance of co-dependent relationship. The seeker
needs the "boundaries" in order to justify his (sometimes strange)
seeking rituals. And needs to empower the boundaries, by recognizing
them as such, in order for them to have power over her.

Do teachers and guides create the game by first disclosing "you are
bound and ignorant"? And then further the game by saying "and here is
the path to get out of boundaries and ignorance" ? And then pulling
the rug our from under you by saying "it was just a joke, you are not
bound, you are not ignorant."?

Do teachers create students, per the above game, because they feel
bound -- not full yet?

Again, it seems that "seekers" are the few in the
population that would characterize themselves as "bound".

Your world view appears to include the oblivious (unaware of the
existence of boundaries) , seekers (aware of boundaries and seeking to
 escape them)  and the liberated (aware that boundaries do not exist.)

It is still not clear why and how the first and third are different?
Are you saying one needs to be aware of a state of delusion prior to
liberation in order to be liberated?

No that doesn't make much sense in that if boundaries never existed,
ignorance never existed.

Seems to be the "seekers" trap.

Why can't someone simply be happy where they are now, without first
having to imagine unreal boundaries, and unreal ignorance of the fact
that the boundaries and ignorance  are unreal?