Allowing Buck to moderate is a bad idea. He dishes out the
  same Kool-Aid.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GfG0ofh8-MM/VXQ-eaKldPI/AAAAAAAAA_A/SKumQYyjUYs/s910/Kool_Aid_1956.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GfG0ofh8-MM/VXQ-eaKldPI/AAAAAAAAA_A/SKumQYyjUYs/s910/Kool_Aid_1956.jpg

--- <jamesalan735@...> wrote :

 Doug Hamilton has volunteered to moderate and to limit his moderation to
ensuring adherence to Yahoo’s guidelines and no more.

He will not moderate with his puritanical Buck alter-ego.

Click on the link below to see a sample of how Doug Hamilton has commonly used
FFL over the years. This is from a few weeks ago.  Posts such as this are
interspersed with incessant whining about how FFL is inappropriately run.

In the hiring business, a common phrase is "Hire for attitude, train for
skill".  Well, I doubt if there will be any training for skill in this
moderator position. Based on my observations of his approach to FFL, I don't
see that Doug has either the attitude or the capacity to 'moderate' himself or
FFL.

However, the deed is done, and I guess only time will tell.

Fairfield Life
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FairfieldLife/conversations/messages/414168

 Fairfield Life
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FairfieldLife/conversations/messages/414168
Fairfield Life focuses on topics of interest to seekers (and finders) of truth
and liberation everywhere. Fairfield, Iowa is home to Maharishi University of
Mana...

 View on groups.yahoo.com
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FairfieldLife/conversations/messages/414168
 Preview by Yahoo

--- <rick@... mailto:rick@...> wrote

 --- <dhamiltony2k5@... mailto:dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote :
 We sat over this together in church the other day.  It will be fine.
–JaiGuruYou

 It was a wedding. Ordinarily you wouldn’t find me in church.
 Almost daily, various people urge me to moderate FFL or get someone to do it.
With BatGap and my other responsibilities, I don’t have the time. I believe in
very minimal moderation, at least for FFL. I think the “anything goes” nature
of it has contributed to its success and longevity. But I think we are
obligated to at least abide by Yahoo’s guidelines. Theoretically, frequent
violation of those guidelines could get the group shut down. Doug Hamilton has
volunteered to moderate and to limit his moderation to ensuring adherence to
Yahoo’s guidelines and no more. He will not moderate with his puritanical Buck
alter-ego. I know some will bristle at what they perceive as a restriction of
their freedom of speech, but different types of speech are appropriate in
different contexts, and again, in the context of a Yahoo group, we are
obligated to abide by Yahoo’s guidelines. So I’m going to try this and see how
it goes. If Doug abuses his authority and/or fails to moderate fairly and
objectively, I will revoke his moderator status.

--- <turquoiseb@... mailto:turquoiseb@...> wrote :
 Sad news.

Might I propose, before Doug starts banning people, that you and Rick insist on
a few guidelines for *him* when he does this.

I'm suggesting this because I think everyone here is aware that Doug
is...uh...not quite in touch with reality these days, and tends to see things
that aren't really there.

So what I suggest is that if he is indeed given the power to ban someone, he
cannot do so without reposting *the exact post* that Doug feels is in violation
of the Yahoo Guidelines, and without explaining to the group *exactly why* he
thinks this poster needs to be banned.

Otherwise, you know what's going to happen. Doug will just ban the people he
doesn't like, without telling *anyone*, and they'll just fall off the radar
because they can't post any more, either to complain or to defend themselves.

I think we all know that a tyrant has just been handed the keys to the kingdom.
I think we also all know what he will do with them. I'm just suggesting a
procedure that insures he can't do it in secret.