> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > wrote:
> > > I wish all you anonymice would sign your posts with at
> > > least a nom de net so the rest of us can keep track!
> >
> > Simply responding to thoughts in themselves is not enough?
> >
> > So you can keep track of periceived inconsistencies and so you can
> > pounce and play "gottcha games".
>
> No, just for the sake of some coherence.
>
> > If you percieve inconsistencies among any posts, why not simply ask
> > for clarification?
>
> I did.
>
> > What makes a (perceived) inconsistency from the
> > same poster any more intereresting than one from separate posters?
>
> It isn't a matter of inconsistency, perceived
> or otherwise.
>
> But you know that.

No, I am still missing your concern.

Each post contains a self-sufficient thought -- at least in the
posters view. Tying a series of posts together in  some arbitrary way
(IMO) doesn't add much.  How does knowing what posts I made today, or
yeasterday, or whenever, and which that I didn't, add any coherence to
the discussion at hand. If anything its supurfulous information. And
most good writing tries to minizize that -- or so I am told.

It raises the classic question. Is the river today the same river that
flowed past you yesterday. Is the person the same as the one 90 days
ago whose cells have now essentially brand new relative to 90 days ago
(I think 90 days is the cycle, corrections invited.)

And raises the identification question prevelant on this list. What is
the unifying "I" that is responding in each post? How relevant is
something if doesn't exist to the "doer"? Or matter much?

And the perception of a personality by others changes all the time.
Why is that much of a unifying factors.

Just some thoughts -- not arguments.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/JjtolB/TM