 Hi salyavin, it's neither knowing nor believing. It's experiencing and then
interpreting or labeling. I bet "believing" happens in its very own section of
the brain. (-:

But labeling something a god is surely belief?

 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Monday, July 20, 2015 7:14 AM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Can Artificial Enlightenment Exist?

 IMO, I don't believe artificial intelligence can know God.  Knowing God
requires a biological base, with a complicated connections of nerve cells in
the brain and a body structure made of bones, flesh and blood.

 "Know" god? Don't we mean "believe"? I'm sure a computer could acquire beliefs
about where it came from, probably worship it's creator, at least they won't be
in error about who that is!

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emptybill@...> wrote :

 This article is full of inaccurate generalities about Buddhism and shows
ignorance about the foundations of the varied darshana-s of the Indian
subcontinent. Since most current Euro-American "thinkers" who consider
consciousness and AI are philosophical amateurs, this article is a display of
truncated post-empirical/analytic musings.

How about this question instead?

Can an artificial intelligence know God?

This is an equivalent counter-question, which means it is a panapoly of foolish
assumptions posing as intelligent inquiry.