You might ask yourself if you would have accomplished more or less with a mate. It didn't try to stay single but it turned out that way and my horoscope even says that marriage is inappropriate because I have some kind of sannyasi yoga but it sure isn't one I know of. Believe it or not I've had pious vedic astrologers say "have flings instead." When I was playing music in clubs that was quite easy. :-D

On 09/20/2015 12:09 PM, Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
64 next month. Just went to my 45th year high school reunion last night, couldn't recognize a soul! We all looked so old! Everybody was going around looking at our name tags with our senior pictures on them to see who they recognized! It was hilarious. My dad died when I was nine, I never married because I never expected to live long enough to raise a family. Didn't want to put my kids through my own personal experience. Big mistake, maybe. Hear I am at 64, old enough to be a grandfather. However , raising a family, I wouldn't have had the wonderful experiences I have had with Maharishi.

*From:* "awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Sunday, September 20, 2015 11:34 AM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] 'Debate from Hell'

At this point I would have to ask your age. I would guess you were born well after the beginning of the *Great Society*. That is when out of wedlock birthrates began do increase, when the government told the masses, we will take care of your babies, women began to feel there was no need for a man in the house, a bread winner. Children started growing up without a male role model and authority figure in the house and crime started ramping up. Out of wedlock birth rates in the black community today near 80% and about 40 % in white homes, the last I read. This was unheard of before the beginning of the *Great Society*.

That's funny because I was going to ask your age as well based on some of your comments (BTW, I like discussing things with you because no matter how much we might disagree you are alway! pleasant and civil. I think this is one of the things I like most about FFL now - everyone can speak their mind without the peanut gallery inciting dissension by misrepresenting every viewpoint and consequently skewing discussions until hey resemble nothing but juvenile pie throwing contests). I was born in 1956 so that makes me much older than you think. In addition, I have never had an abortion nor do I have any children (by definite choice). When my husband and I were married he had already been married before and had had a vasectomy (he is 7 years older than I am) and if we were going to have children together he was going to have to have the vasectomy reversed but much to his relief I told him I had no desire for children. But before that I would have had many opportunities to have gotten pregnant but I was pretty careful. Would I have had an abortion if I had gotten pregnant? I'm not absolutely sure but it seems likely that I would have.