  No, our government doesn't dare force anyone to have an abortion. That would
cause a revolt.

 I didn't say anything about "forcing." *You* said the government "talks them
into it," but it doesn't do that either.

 But they sure let you know that they *fight* for your *right* to have it.

 Oh, they do, do they? That must be why Congress is trying to defund Planned
Parenthood, I guess, and why so many state governments are putting big
obstacles in the way of obtaining an abortion.

 Come on, Mike. This is just a silly argument, not worthy of your intelligence.

 Wouldn't it be a shame to not use the *government approved* solution to fix
your problems? It has to be OK, the government says so! But, if you choose not
to, we'll help you raise your child. How can you lose?< Of course the easiest
thing (and cheapest for the government)is just terminate it. Under these
circumstances, I can't see why there wouldn't be some immediate but temporary
relief. This is all social conditioning and engineering, Margaret Sanger's
dream come true.< If a woman doesn't feel remorse, regret or anguish following
the termination of her pregnancy by abortion, something is terribly wrong with
the human species.

 Or maybe something is terribly wrong with those who don't understand that
women think they should have control over their own bodies.

 Desensitization to the instinct of motherhood has been completed.

 Oh, nonsense. Women have been having abortions for millennia, all over the
globe, even before there was a way to do it safely and painlessly and legally,
even when they were risking their lives to have it done. The "instinct of
motherhood" kicks in just fine when a woman *wants* to have a child.

 I think it was Gloria Steinem who observed that if men had the children,
abortion would be a sacrament.

  What else can we desensitize humanity to?