--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand Paul Mason"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have received an email relating to a press conference in which
MMY
> allegedly "made himself look and sound like an Ill tempered raving
> lunatic."
> Does anyone know of such a conference and do they have a
transcript?

> [...]
time
> Maharishi press conferences for about the whole summer.  In each
> session,
> John Hagelin of MUM was fielding questions from the press for
> Maharishi.
> Maharishi would then give a thorough answer and/or message that
was
> very
> pleasing to hear.  However, one day as I was watching a special
> broadcast of
> the Maharishi speaking to India, he absolutely lost it (so to
speak)
> and
> began what amounted to be a complete 30-45 minute tyrannical
speech
> about
> how India is still being kept down by its Britisher foreigners and
> their
> "religion of suffering"-Christianity.
>
> I was stunned when he started advocating that Indians begin to
> angrily
> and
> forcibly directly threaten "Britishers" and "Christians" (namely
> women)
> by
> explaining that if they didn't leave India immediately
> their, "Husbands
> and
> children's lives would be in great danger".  And that was only one
> small
> quote.  I watched in disbelief as he threw all caution to the wind
and
> started chastising the Indian Press and basically all of India for
> "copying
> the West" and becoming less "Spiritual".  He was out of control to
> tell
> you
> the truth.  I am not exaggerating at all either.  He made himself
> look
> and
> sound like an Ill tempered raving lunatic.  Literally trying to
incite
> violence?  I was stunned at how much disrespect and open contempt
he
> was
> displaying towards "Britishers" and westerners in general.  It was
> unthinkable, the things that he was saying.  He was openly
instructing
> others to "throw the bloody Britishers out or they will pay a
heavy
> price
> for staying", mainly he explained because of British involvement
in
> the
> War
> in Iraq and the fact that these democratically run foreign
countries
> were
> dragging the spirituality of India and her people down.  Also he
kept
> on
> repeating "get away from democracy" "get away from democracy".'

I have not heard that special conference. But what he says about
Brithishers and Democracy has been repeated over and over again
through the last years. I have heard him use a language that is far
from spiritual and that is one of the reasons that I stopped to
listen to his speaches. He is not in balance.
Ingegerd

Does he tell you he loves you when he hits you? Abuse. Narrated by Halle Berry.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hemMeA/rbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM