Your attempt is admirable, Barry, but it won't
help. Hope does spring eternal, but trying to make a
rational end-run around someone's seemingly disturbed
psychology usually doesn't work as I've discovered in
my profession. To help, first there has to be a good
therapeutic relationship and the person in question
must recognize, to some extent, that not all is quite
right in their head. Neither of these criteria seem to
be fulfilled in this case. I also noticed you started
to do what I did and get caught up in what
psychoanalytic thought calls projective
identification. The person in question unconsciously
projects a unintegrated/disowned aspect of their
personality onto others and provokes them into
responding/behaving in accord with that unintegrated
part. People have a tendency to "go off" on the person
in question thus perpetuating the abuse he experiences
and recreating this abuse in a repetition compulsion
that unconsciously seeks to resolve the original abuse
in current relationships. Unless this is consciously
recognized, it just continues on and on and on until
that complex of samskaras are disolved. I wouldn't say
the person in question has MPD/DID, but we are
experiencing the extremes of unintegrated aspects of a
personality damaged by severe abuse. I wish him the
best too and will refrain from making wise-ass cracks
at his expense in the future because this simply
re-traumatizes the person rather than giving insight.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/abEMxA/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM

> and click 'Join This Group!'
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://mail.yahoo.com

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CQDrNC/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM