> --- authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > MMY's personality is very much a product of his
> > time
> > > and culture. It has nothing to do with anything
> > > "cosmic". Blazing Brahman expresses itself through
> > an
> > > aging, slightly senile, lower-caste, 89 year old
> > Hindu
> > > man who has run a spiritual movement with an iron
> > fist
> > > for the past 50 years.
> >
> > Boy, I think this is an important point.
> >
> > Peter, would it also be correct to phrase it
> > slightly differently and say, This is *how*
> > Blazing Brahman is expressing itself through
> > this particular aging, slightly senile,
> > lower-caste, 89-year-old Hindu man who has
> > run a spiritual movement with an iron fist
> > for the past 50 years?
>
> Yes, better stated your way.
>

> > I mean, obviously one has to think MMY has
> > *realized* Blazing Brahman in order to make
> > either of these two statements.
> >
> > But people tend to look at the *expression*,
> > find it to be much less than what they think
> > of as "perfection" in a relative sense, and
> > on that basis assume MMY has *not* realized
> > Brahman.
>
> Agreed. If you're looking for relative perfection in a
> realized master, good luck! For example in a
> residential Art of Living course I took about a year
> ago with SSRS in residence, I was bothered by his
> casual manner in talking about funny stories from his
> ashram and people throwing themselves at his feet. He
> wasn't making fun of them or anything but was talking
> about the difficulty in walking around and how much
> time it took to go from one end of his ashram to
> another. Very funny, very cute story. But I was amazed
> at part of my own reaction. I wanted him to be more
> serious and aloof and not have the reaction he did.
> Just some silly relative ideal of what a guru should
> be. My attachment, my problem, not his.

That's refreshing. It is rather funny after all. Especially for
Westerners.  That behavior is not really apart of our tradition.
The couple of times that I have seen him, the vib was very good and it
was interesting to see the birth and development of a major movement.
Deja-vu all over again ;-)

JohnY

JohnY

Drugs Don't Discriminate. Get help for yourself or someone you know.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0I.OUB/ZbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM