--- authfriend wrote:

> Is that sense of "easy and simple" ever misleading?
> I'm thinking of MMY, and wondering whether that's why
> he assumed most everyone in the world would take to
> TM as soon as they heard about it, that governments
> would leap at it, and so on.

It's extremely common for entrepreneurs to expect the
world to lap up whatever new product or service
the inventor is offering. Because this behavior is so
widespread, I suspect Maharishi's naivete is more a
function of his reclusive background and the
entrepreneur's tendency to expect the moon. In
other words, I don't attribute it to his easy
and simple awareness per se.