Your point is well articulated but still, in my opinion, after 40 some
odd years and umpteen schemes and plans, I find a revival of interest
in TM to be unfathomable.

A dear friend of mine, out here on the Left Coast, teaches small
groups of the utterly non-elite, some months 10 or more start. He
still charges $495 and he has a regular and devoted clientele and they
keep refering him to others. These are primarily 12-Step program
people. Many of these people probally even learn in south facing houses!

I mean let's be real here and take a look at the trend since around
1975, it's done nothing but go downhill as far as people learning TM.
After the second Merv wave it all went bye-bye.

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anon_astute_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> And its not unreasonable the the "new" TM (taught in a SV bulidng, by
> teachers doing program 6 hours a day, living in SV house, etc) may
> have positive factors associated with it.
>
> It is not a differentiated set of qualities that you would pay a
> premium for. The top 2-5% of the population may very well be willing
> for the "right" product. Again, I am not saying the new TM will fill
> the bill, but its not an unreasonable conjecture that it might.
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anonyff" <anonyff@> wrote:
> >
> > I don't think the elite of the world give a flying u-know-what about
> > TM and paying $2500 to learn it. It is *passe* at this point. There
> > are far too many more modern methods in the spiritual supermarket
> > these days.
> >
> > At the local natural foods co-op where I shop, there is the requisite
> > magazine rack near the registers loaded with the modern spiritual
> > versions of the popular magazines-a vast variety of things to choose
> > from-all kinds of meditation practices, all kinds of sexual preference
> > magazines, gardening, cooking, etc.
> >
> > Most cities and towns including little tiny ones I've driven through
> > have yoga offered and the *commonest* of people, the people who we
> > never would have expected to find taking yoga, are now joining in the
> > classes.
> >
> > Kaiser Permanente offeres Mindfulness Training classes, sometimes they
> > are free. There are endless books, tapes, cds and now dvds available
> > to learn to meditate and do yoga and you can now do so on your 52 inch
> > plasma tv screen in full technicolor with a surround sound system.
> >
> > Who wants to learn TM from a gaunt looking couple anymore?
> >
> > Can you name one person or center where there are students taking out
> > $2500 loans so they can learn TM?

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <jyouells@>

> > > [...]
> out a
> that
> > > way.
> > >
> > > Elite people like to go to elite places. They don't mind too much
> > > if "worthy" individuals are given a helping hand along the way, but
> > > they don't like rubbing shoulders with the non-elite.
> > >

> > > MMY's stated goal these days is to reach the elite with
> meditation. The
> > > non-elite (most of us reading/writing this) are welcome as well if
> they
> > > can raise the money. I don't know the financing of Lynch's
> foundation,
> > > but he's thrown open the doors for ANY student to apply for
financial
> > > aid:
> > >

> > > http://www.davidlynchfoundation.org/register.html
> > >

> > > Also, the TMO is working hard to make educators aware of the
> potential
> > > of TM as well as of the financing available to take advantage of it:
> > >
> > > http://www.arizonastressfreeschools.org/
> > >
> > > The elite of the world are impressed with this kind of thing.
Perhaps