> On Apr 6, 2006, at 5:26 PM, shempmcgurk wrote:
>

> > I think it's the whole shebang, a complete package...don't need
> > anything else...
>
> Well that's probably because you were taught to believe that.

No, it's probably because YOU were taught that and believed it and
therefore think that all other TMers must think the way you do.

I'm a cynical and skeptical person today and I was 33 years ago when
I started TM...and I started it because I wasn't asked to believe in
anything or to try or to concentrate in order to do it.

And it worked.

I've never had an affinity for MMY and -- with the exception of 3 or
4 video and audio tapes that I found particularly fascinating and
insightful -- I've been bored out of my mind watching him and
hearing him on the literally thousands of videos and audio tapes
I've heard.

I've never much liked the way he has run his organisation and
haven't since he went to Tibet in '75 and taught people en masse
OUTSIDE the 7-step program that I had just learnt on TTC.

Nevertheless, I am sold out on the TM technique and the TM program.

And, by the way, if I feel the way I do because it "was what I was
taught to believe" then I wouldn't have said what I did because, as
we all know, there are a thousand different additions to TM that
have come down from on-high and if I was succeptible to believing
what I was taught to believe I would be tauting Schtapatya Veda and
all that OTHER crap that we are now told by MMY is essential for
enlightenement.  Whereas I, on a daily basis on this forum, tell you
what I think of all this.

> When you learn more you find out you need to perfect the mantra
in
> all the bodies, not just the mental one. Eventually you need to
> pierce the bindu. Unless I missed something, this ain't taught in
TM.