<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > "If your mind is doing the doubt thing, it's going to do the
> > doubt thing no matter who the supposed "expert" is."
>
> I don't think I am as skeptical as you are about the use of proper
> tests in science.

I've just seen it so often for so long, man. People
have the ability to deny the "findings of science,"
just as they have the ability to deny the things
they see and taste and feel right in front of them.
The kung-fu of denial is FAR more powerful than the
kung-fu of science.  :-)

> The whole history of science as advanced on our
> ability to have confidence in procedures and make predictions to
> test
> further and to develop theories. The mindset of doubt is not the
> critical thing in science. Doubt or belief should not matter if the
> procedures are followed.  Of course humans being humans we mess this
> up a lot and so it takes some time to separate the BS from what
> seems
> conclusive for now.  Until the next test!
>
> I can appreciate your description of how our body reacts to seeing
> someone levitate!  "I believe I wet my drawers!" would probably be
> mine!

Technically, it's a navel chakra thang. It's like someone
punching you in the stomach, not a one-time punch but a
continual pressure on that area of the body. It can be
disconcerting until you get used to it.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM