"Maharishi could have stayed in the Himalayas with a few disciples,
but choose to be available "for the whole world", as Muktananda put
it, is quite remarkable and "a total sacrifice of life" (Maharishi,
1982)."

Self-serving myth. Not credible.  Which part of his self-created
luxurious lifestyle is the sacrifice part?