> --- authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> > <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Yeah, the pathology of the TMO in a nutshell. Have
> > > profound experiences (like the Absolute having a
> > > personality!) and you are attacked and driven into
> > > silence.
> >
> > How profound can the experiences be if the person
> > having them is so bruised by a few negative comments
> > that he feels he has to withdraw into silence?
>
> I take them at face value. Why would someone's
> reactions to negative comments somehow negate or
> diminish such experiences? How do we know said parties
> are "bruised" and are wimpy-wimps because they
> withdraw into silence. When someone characterizes your
> experience as "sh*t" why would anyone speak about them
> again? Sharing experiences is not a debate.

The thing that astounds me is that some folks
seem to feel that the personal experiences of
others *have* to be responded to critically,
or even negatively. Why? For me, for instance,
I have *zero* instance in the sorts of things
Rory was talking about; they don't map to my
life at all. But I perceive that they are *his*
experiences, that *he* considers them valuable,
and that he is unafraid enough of the negative
reaction that he *knows* by now he's going to
get here to share them.

That deserves a pat on the back and support
from me, no matter how I feel about the content
of what he's sharing.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: