> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
<steve.sundur@>
> [...]
> > Uh, yea.  That's not what that recent report said.  If we succeed,
> > sure, we'll be better off.  But right now, it's having the opposite
> > effect. At 100 bil/yr. and all those lives, on both sides.  To you
> > it's worth it.
> >

> $100 billion/year?  Maybe direct costs, but there's a lot
> more to it than that. Think about the numberf of severely
> wounded vets coming back on full disability for the rest
> of their lives, for instance.

>From CBS News today:

More than half a billion dollars earmarked to fight the insurgency in
Iraq was stolen by people the U.S. had entrusted to run the country's
Ministry of Defense before the 2005 elections, according to Iraqi
investigators.

Iraq's former minister of finance says coalition members like the U.S.
and Britain are doing little to help recover the money or catch
suspects, most of whom fled the country.

Read the rest at:

http://tinyurl.com/yanjud

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional